Recognizes and rewards outstanding Mason community members who mentor undergraduate students on research and creative activities and who foster a culture of student scholarship.
Application or Nomination Due: February
Date of Notification: April
Application or Nomination Criteria
Nominations can be made by Mason students (current, former, or alumni), faculty (including department chairs and administrators), and staff.
• Online Notification Acceptance form
• Narrative statement
• Evidence of mentoring experience
Decision Making Criteria
The support letter should briefly address how the faculty member meets some of the following criteria for teaching excellence:
• Growth and development as an educator
• Student and learner engagement
• Evidence of assessment of student learning and achievement
• Teaching effectiveness and impact
Composition of Review Team
Applications will be reviewed by OSCAR staff and by the Students as Scholars QEP Leadership Council, which consists of faculty and staff from across the disciplines who are committed to fostering a culture of student scholarship at Mason.