The Graduate Council oversees graduate courses, certificates, concentrations, degree programs and policies. The Council must approve:
- Requests to add, modify or delete courses numbered 500 or above
- Requests to add, modify or delete certificates, concentrations or degree programs
- Requests to make modifications to programs that require reporting to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges or the U.S. Department of Education, such as offering programs online, off-campus, or in collaboration with partner organizations.
The Council meets monthly during the academic year, and meetings are open to the entire George Mason University community.
- Upcoming Agenda
- 2014-2015 Meeting Schedule
- Forms and Procedures
- Agenda & Minutes Archive (2007-2014 now available but previous years and search function still under construction)
Questions? Please contact Susan Woodruff, Graduate Council Secretary, at 703-993-8825.