Saturday, March 25, 2017
The Second Annual Mason Graduate Interdisciplinary Conference will be held at the GMU Arlington campus on Saturday, March 25, 9 am-5 pm. This is an excellent opportunity for Mason graduate students to showcase their research, share ideas with fellow graduate students, and network with Mason faculty and staff from across the university.
We are excited to announce this year’s conference will feature the inaugural Mason Three Minute Thesis (3MT™) competition. The 3MT™ was developed by the University of Queensland, Australia, to provide PhD students the opportunity to cultivate their academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Students participating in this event will have a three-minute window to effectively explain their research in terms appropriate to a non-specialist audience. Cash prizes will be awarded for First, Second, and Third place winners!
Check the tabs above for full details regarding the Three Minute Thesis (3MT™) and Poster & Oral Presentations.
- Registration Opens for Poster & Oral Presentations: Monday, November 14
- Registration Opens for 3MT competition (Limited to 40 entrants): Friday, December 2
- Poster & Oral Presentation Proposal Deadline: Friday, February 10
- 3MT Registration Deadline: Friday, February 17
- 3MT Preliminary Round Notification: Monday, February 20
- 3MT Preliminary Round: Friday, March 3
- Final Round: Saturday, March 25