The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth’s governing body for higher education policy. The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President serves as a liaison to SCHEV and a resource for the university community regarding SCHEV policy adherence.
The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President provides support for all academic program matters that require SCHEV approval. Working directly with faculty and staff, the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President administers information on SCHEV standards and requirements, assistance for the creation of formal SCHEV requests and leadership for progressing through the proposal process.
The following program initiatives require SCHEV approval:
- New degree proposals
- Academic program closures
- Academic program title changes
- CIP code changes
- Creation or merging of academic departments or units
- Closing academic departments or units
- Name changes for academic departments or units
- Degree designation change or additions
All proposals must be forwarded to the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for formal submission to SCHEV.
- SCHEV New Degree Program Template
- Revising Academic Program Title, CIP Code or Degree Designation Form
- Intent to Discontinue Academic Program Form
- Format for Simple Organizational Change – Proposal for Change Internally and/or Off-Campus or New Site Form
- Format for Complex Organizational Change – Proposal for Change Internally and/or Off-Campus or New Site Form
Questions? Please contact Robin Parker, Director of SCHEV Compliance at 703-993-6220.