The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth’s governing body for higher education policy. The Office of the Provost serves as a liaison to SCHEV and a resource for the university community regarding SCHEV policy adherence.
The Office of the Provost provides support for all academic program matters that require SCHEV approval. Working directly with faculty and staff, the Office of the Provost administers information on SCHEV standards and requirements, assistance for the creation of formal SCHEV requests and leadership for progressing through the proposal process.
The following program initiatives require SCHEV action:
- New degree proposals
- Academic program closures
- Academic program title changes
- CIP code changes
- Creation or merging of academic departments or units
- Closing academic departments or units
- Name changes for academic departments or units
- Degree designation change or additions
- Changing delivery format
All proposals must be forwarded to the Office of the Provost for formal submission to SCHEV.
Questions? Please contact the Office of Accreditation and Program Integrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.