University Travel Advisory Committee (UTAC) oversees university travel to “higher-risk” locations, such as to countries under a State Department or Centers for Disease Control & Prevention alert or warning.
- Solon Simmons, Interim Vice President for Global Strategy (Co-Chair);
- Julie Zobel, Assistant Vice President, Environmental Health and Safety (Co-Chair);
- Joyce Bland-French, Director, Office of Risk Management;
- Dave Farris, Director for Emergency Management and Fire Safety;
- Yehuda Lukacs, Associate Provost for International Programs and Director, Center for Global Education
- Shannon MacMichael, Export Compliance and Secure Research;
- Pam Patterson, Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students;
- Two faculty members (TBA)
To seek approval, travelers must contact the Center for Global Education at 703-993-2154.