The Office of the Provost issues a bimonthly newsletter that highlights Mason's many exciting and distinctive academic activities and accomplishments.
Members of the Mason community are transforming lives every day through their dedication to education, research, and service. To learn more about the latest news and updates happening across the Provost’s Office portfolio, read featured stories from our newsletter.
- September 20, 2023In his Sept. 20 message, Provost Ginsberg shares how celebrating Rosh Hashanah is providing him the opportunity to reflect on his time at George Mason University while looking forward to becoming the 15th president of Towson University.
- September 19, 2023All Mason employees are reminded to complete their mandatory 2023 IT Security Awareness Training assigned to them in MasonLEAPS by Tuesday, October 31.
- September 19, 2023A reminder to fall faculty: Students who have COVID-19 should not be required to attend any course-related activities on campus.
- September 18, 2023The Office of Research Development is piloting a program to provide faculty free grant writing services with either copy editing or overall proposal feedback.
- September 18, 2023In this issue, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning shares information on student success.
- September 17, 2023The newly-launched Mobile ID is an individual’s official university ID and accepted for all class activities and exams.
- September 12, 2023Faculty and staff volunteers are needed to participate in the Mason Dream Catchers program. Dreamcatchers is a university-wide partnership with the Fairfax County Public Schools and Prince William County Public School divisions that provide hope for capable at-risk youth enrolled in alternative, non-traditional education programs.
- September 6, 2023Mason will launch a pilot project this fall to study utilization of space on its campuses.
- September 5, 2023In his Sept. 5, 2023 message, Provost Ginsberg addresses taking advantage of opportunities.
- September 1, 2023Chris DiTeresi was named associate vice president for research integrity and assurance at George Mason University, where he provides leadership and strategic direction for the Office of Research Integrity and Assurance and its six major compliance programs.
- August 30, 2023Mason’s new policy for Instructional/Research (I/R) faculty on conflict of commitment, University Policy 4021: Outside Professional Activities and Conflict of Commitment, took effect on September 1. This policy and disclosure process are intended to comply with new federal regulations expanding disclosure and reporting requirements for outside activities.
- August 24, 2023Mason was one of four universities selected for Generation Hope’s inaugural FamilyU Cohort, which is designed to help universities improve student-parent success.