Academic Innovation and New Ventures
The Office of Academic Innovation and New Ventures expands access and creates new pathways for students to come to Mason, while providing the support they need to earn their degrees.
The office will launch projects and initiatives to innovate educational services by internationalizing the campus and developing online programs at quality and scale. These strategies will allow Mason to:
- Attract more international students.
- Enable students everywhere to take classes online.
- Engage and support community college students.
- Support adults trying to complete their degrees.
- Establish strategic partnerships with business, government, and other educational institutions.
- Create new revenue streams.
One of the first steps toward these goals is Mason's partnership with education company Wiley, which aims to put graduate programs online. Students who can't attend classes on campus can access professional graduate programs online.
Academic Ventures and Innovation will also work closely with:
- Advance, Mason's partnership with NOVA.
- The Online Virginia Network.
- INTO Mason.
- Mason Executive & Professional Education.
For more information, contact Robin Rose Parker at 703-993-6220