Mason values the level of expertise and passion for learning our faculty provide our students in building a fulfilling academic experience.
It Takes a Village...
Working at George Mason University is a collaborative experience. Having the correct resource at your fingertips is invaluable to a productive work experience.
For information on faculty orientations, please visit For New Faculty.
Emergency Preparedness and Notification
- George Mason University Police are reachable year-round, 24-hours a day by calling 911, or their non-emergency number 703-993-2810
- Everyone with a campus NetID (email@example.com) is automatically enrolled in our Mason Alert system. You may also choose to receive push notifications to your mobile device by managing your account here.
- Onboarding information is available through the NEW Center.
- For general information about George Mason University Human Resources and Payroll, please visit their website.
- To check or change payroll deductions, leave and earnings balances and other personal employee payroll details, please login to the secure PatriotWeb site with your NetID.
- Your academic unit will work with the Office of the Provost and HR & Payroll to set up the administrative details of your faculty appointment. Information about faculty appointments, including faculty salary minimums, submission of transcripts, and offer letters are all available.
- The Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning provides comprehensive support and professional development for teaching and learning for all Mason instructors including graduate students.
- IT Services provides a wide range of support for technology in and out of the classroom.
- Please visit the Research Support tab for a full suite of resources.
- All new faculty are required to take the Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention training offered by the Office of Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics. This page has information on how to register for online training sessions on active shooters, terrorism and security, and workplace violence and prevention.
- Visit Human Resources and Payroll for a full list of required trainings.
We're Here for the Students...
Student Support Resources on Campus
Mason takes the well being of our students seriously. The Stearns Center maintains a list of student support resources on campus. We recommend you become familiar with what is available, so you are prepared should the need arise.
Student Behaviors of Concern
Disruptions to the learning environment caused by student behavior are harmful and cause for concern. When you notice a pattern, or something catches your attention, please know that our administration takes these matters seriously. This guide is designed to be a helpful resource.