Recognizes and rewards undergraduate academic advisers who have had a positive impact on students and recognizes excellence in advising across the Mason community.
Application or Nomination Due: Early spring semester.
Date of Notification: March
Application or Nomination Criteria
- Demonstrates a caring, helpful attitude toward students
- Provides accurate information regarding university academic requirements
- Makes themselves available to students
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Has knowledge of Mason regulations, policies, and procedures
- Supports student development through advising
Decision Making Criteria
Decisions are made based on the quality and quantity of the nominations.
Composition of Review Team
Nominations are reviewed by a member of the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions (CAART) team, a previous award recipient, and faculty and/or staff members from across the institution.