Recognizes a faculty member who has made significant, long-term contributions to the overall educational excellence of the university.
Application or Nomination Due: February
Application or Nomination Criteria
Nominations should be in the form of a 2-3 paragraph support letter from administrators (department chair, program director, teaching unit coordinator, dean, etc.), colleagues, or former students.
• Transformative impact
• Capacity building
• Consistently productive longevity
• Dedication, commitment, and giving back to the Mason community
• Excellent classroom teaching
• Program and curricular development
• Innovation work
• Creative mentorship
• Public scholarship and dissemination
Composition of Review Team
The review team is composed of prior David J. King Award winners and CTFE appointed reviewers.
For more information, please contact the Center for Teaching and Faculty Excellence at email@example.com or 703-993-8652.