The Provost's Office helps you advocate for practices and policies that prioritize student learning and well-being.
George Mason University’s Office of the Provost empowers students to identify academic resources and support services to promote academic success, personal growth, and career readiness.
We facilitate student success by:
- Ensuring the quality of academic programs
- Shepherding the curriculum development process
- Promoting student-centered teaching practices that support diverse learning styles and backgrounds
- Recruiting and promoting faculty that provide engaging and rigorous learning opportunities
- Creating policies and procedures that promote student success
- Developing programs for students from underrepresented groups
- Overseeing student academic advising and faculty mentorship
- Promoting academic excellence, innovation, and diversity