Awards and Grants
Mason strategically invests in our graduate students through fellowships, awards, and grants.
Graduate student fellowships and grants are awarded to enhance academic performance, promote research of consequence, and advance professional development.
- Dissertation Completion Grants: These competitive awards go to doctoral students in the final semester of completing their dissertations. They enable students to focus full-time on research and writing, improve the quality of their work, and shorten the time needed to complete their degrees.
- Summer Research Fellowships: These fellowships provide financial support to graduate students during the summer term, allowing them to devote significant time to their dissertation or thesis research. The award fosters greater professional productivity and assists in timely degree completion.
- Graduate Student Travel Fund: This fund helps cover the costs of doctoral and master’s students attendance at and participation in professional conferences.
- Provost PhD Awards: These competitive awards provide supplemental funding to Mason PhD programs.
- The Graduate Inclusion & Access Scholarship: This scholarship supports the growth and development of an inclusive graduate community at George Mason University. An inclusive graduate student community is an essential strength of George Mason University. This scholarship, awarded on a competitive basis, is available to doctoral students from disadvantaged and/or underrepresented groups in their respective fields of graduate study.
- Presidential Scholar Fellowship: Summer Fellowships for doctoral students who are recipients of the Presidential Scholarship provide financial support during the summer term. The award allows students to make significant progress toward degree completion and to support students’ professional development goals.