With community colleges now offering comprehensive general education, the approach to obtaining an undergraduate degree is more flexible. Mason is advancing our partnership with NOVA to help students get the most out of their college experience.
ADVANCE: A NOVA-Mason Partnership
Students transferring undergraduate credit from Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) to George Mason University will now benefit from a new initiative designed to capitalize on the strengths of both organizations. This innovative new transfer model will provide more streamlined pathways to programs and degrees and is specifically designed to eliminate administrative obstacles between the institutions.
Elements of this program include:
- Guaranteed course transferability
- Co-designed academic pathways in high-demand fields
- Dedicated support beginning freshman year at NOVA, and carrying through to graduation from Mason
- Single system for enrollment and financial aid
- Financial incentives including emergency aid and performance benefits
- Real-time transcripts with accurate credit accrual information shared between schools
- In-classroom, online, and hybrid course delivery
- Early access to Mason activities and services for NOVA students participating in ADVANCE
- Unmatched industry network built on NOVA and Mason's distinguished reputations